Stuff You've Been Reading Recently

Boooooooks @_@

Okay, I read wayyyyyyyy too much. It could probably be considered unhealthy. And is by my friends and parents and all the people who see me in public walking while reading. Or running while reading. Or biking while reading. Or writing while reading. Or...well, you get the point. I read super fast as well, as in, 200 pages an hour....

Anyway, a lot of books have come out in the past month that I personally have been waiting a while for (such as the House of Hades by Rick Riordan, Allegiant by Veronica Roth which you should never ever read because she is evil, and Champion by Marie Lu comes out tomorrow) and I was wondering what you all have been reading recently. Did you like it? hate it? Did it end on a cliffhanger and you want to go punch the author in the nose? *coughcoughRickRiordancoughcough* Would you recommend it?

Tell! :D
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
I also read way too much!!!!! I have four books going right now. One is Matched by Allie Condy. I'm rereading it for the like 5th time. Such a good book!!!! And the whole series is too. Unlike Allegiant. Which I read last week. *dies* ahhhhhhhhh I'll PM and we can talk about it. I like Marie Lu's series too. :D
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

Oh. My. Goodness. I absolutely despise Rick Riordan!! I finished HoH in a day! I need more O.o
Has anyone heard of Cinder? I just read the prequel, Scarlet, so good!!
Also, Andrew Klavan is amazing as well. Can't wait for his next book!
I adore books by the way ;)
Me too, Stella! Although I think I liked MoA more than HoH...I didn't like some of the things Rick was doing, such as in some parts, he kind of held Christians in a more negative light, which, I mean it is a mythology book series, but he doesn't normally do that from what I remember. And Nico.... <_< But it was still pretty good. I need The Blood of Olympus @_@ (That's the next book, people, not that I actually need blood xD)
Andrew Klavan....the name sounds familar....Oh, I read the Homelanders by him! It was a great series! What book of his are you refering to?
And I have not heard of Cinder. Who is that by?
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Heh..... Ya..... Nico... *shakes head* I'm hoping it stops there.....

The Homelanders were amazing O.o I have every book so far by him, and I can't wait for his next book, Nightmare City. It sounds epic O.o

Cinder is by Melissa Myers (I am pretty sure), and it's really good! It's about a robotic version of Cinderella.

Another good series is called Swipe (Warning: the third book is a giant cliffhanger, and I have no idea when the next book will be out) by Evan Angler.
Reading Robot Wars and Wealth of Nation.
How big a cliffhanger? As in, MoA cliffhanger? Because I can't deal with that again. That was too much.

And ooh, that sounds cool! :) And I really need to read more of Andrew's stuff.

Another good Christian series that I really like is the CHAOS trilogy by Jon S Lewis. If you like sci-fi, then you would like it.
AudPod wrote:How big a cliffhanger? As in, MoA cliffhanger? Because I can't deal with that again. That was too much.

And ooh, that sounds cool! :) And I really need to read more of Andrew's stuff.

Another good Christian series that I really like is the CHAOS trilogy by Jon S Lewis. If you like sci-fi, then you would like it.

Well first, it's not to big of a cliffhanger, but it still keeps you in anticipation.

And, ughhhh! CHAOS was the trilogy I was thinking of, but couldn't remember what it was called. I LOVED that series!!
Yes! Someone else who's even heard of them! I LOVE those books. They're amazing. I waited up until four am for Domination to be delivered to my Kindle so I could read it xD (which, granted, is what I do with all new releases, but I don't think I've waited as long as I did for Domination before.)
At the moment I'm reading through Whitman's Leaves of Grass, and some of Emersons works....
I am reading No Words to Say Goodbye, which is a true book about a young Jewish girl who travelled from the Soviet Union to American. I'm also reading Teardrop by Lauren Kate, but I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it.

Right now, since I've finished Champion by Marie Lu, I have read Theodore Boone (which is a good, quick, easy read. The whole series is. it's for middle schoolers, but I don't care xD) and The Siren (which I highly, highly recommend. It's by Kiera Cass. Go read it now.) today. and I am currently reading a few books that I probably won't finish. Well, I'm rereading the Selection (also by Kiera Cass, but no where near as good as The Siren), and I think I'll finish that, but the others I won't. I seriously read at least a book a day, and then am in the middle of at least five.
Oh, I liked the Selection. :D A book I need to start is Broken Wings (sequel to Angel Eyes) by Shannon Dittemore.

I really need to start Code Name Verity....my friends have been saying it's awesome, but I just haven't gotten into it yet.

Have you read The Elite yet, Irish Tiger? (and really, check out the Siren. :P )
I have read the Elite, that was good too, if I remember correctly. And I will see if I can get Siren from the library. :D

I'm reading Bound By Guilt by CJ Darlington right now. She's a friend of mine and a fabulous writer.
I am reading Wuthering Heights. Really hard reading.
IrishTiger wrote:I have read the Elite, that was good too, if I remember correctly. And I will see if I can get Siren from the library. :D

I thought the Selection was a good read as well, I can't remember if I read the Elite yet or not, haha!
AudPod wrote:Right now, since I've finished Champion by Marie Lu, I have read Theodore Boone (which is a good, quick, easy read. The whole series is. it's for middle schoolers, but I don't care xD) and The Siren (which I highly, highly recommend. It's by Kiera Cass. Go read it now.) today. and I am currently reading a few books that I probably won't finish. Well, I'm rereading the Selection (also by Kiera Cass, but no where near as good as The Siren), and I think I'll finish that, but the others I won't. I seriously read at least a book a day, and then am in the middle of at least five.

the Theodore Boone series is good. I like it
I just got a ton of Ted Dekker books and am reading Showdown. I have read Eyes Wide Open, Three, and Bride Collector and loved them.
CCTZ
about | feedback