RPG

Do we have any one here that would be willing to dedicate there time and frequent posting to an RPG. RPGs tend to fall into the water, but I want at least four devoted people to start an RPG. If so, what kind of RPG would you like?
I'd like to say I could, but school will be starting soon. I'd definitely do my best to participate but I feel that I shouldn't commit completely at this point. I'll wait to see what others have to say.
"Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." Psalm 119:164
Being homeschooled, my schedule is much more free than most people. I'd be willing to start and run one. I'm not sure what kind of RPG, I'll give it some thought.
We would have the choice of resurrecting the Revolt of the Gileadites. I could provide another RPG that is medieval based or space based. We probably could copy a RPG from the Too with permission from the start also.
I would be very happy to join and would do my best to be active. Sounds fun.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
So now we have two people.
I'm in!
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
Image ImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Okay one more person come on. And we also need RPG ideas if possible.
Novacom returns? That might require too many people, but if more people join, it would be an interesting RPG.
I'll join too! \:D/
That would be too many people. Way too many. Our board doesn't have enough. Okay we have enough people. Let's get ideas.
There is the Revolt of the Gileadites. It is a medieval world in which we are a band that is the remnant of the former army of the land. We support the prince rightful heir against the current ruler.
The other idea is based off my book, The Glade Watchers. The book is in another world and it is the country Taran. This land is in darkness, the sunlight and heat is blocked out (plants are still able to grow though) by the Dark Lord. The Rper would be a soldier in the regular army surrounding the event of my book.
I like the idea of for the Revolt of the Gileadites. As I read what you wrote on the ToO I got a few ideas on how we might develop the plot/characters a little more before we begin (if we decide to do this one). Here are some of my thoughts:

1. What is Prince Stromage like? Does he have any apparent weaknesses? Does he care about his individual soldiers at a personal level (which would make all his warriors come to love him at a deeper level and develop a deep loyalty to serve him)? Or is he more focused on winning back the throne, so that one has to work to get to know him at a more personal level (if this were the case it might be a sign of a hidden area of weakness)?
  2. Who joins Prince Stromage's with his band of loyal soldiers? (He must take precautions somehow to ensure that the enemy doesn't enter the camp.)
  3. What is [now King] Brian like? If most people aren't helping Prince Stromage it would show that they are loyal to King Brian for one reason or another; why are they? Is it out of fear or are they loyal to him for other reasons?
  4. Do a majority of the people know about the prince's plans to take back the throne? If so, what is their opinion?
    I have a lot of questions surrounding this part of the plot. If the people don't know then surely rumors have come around about how the prince will respond. And King Brian will secretly be on his guard against the prince while trying to convince the people of his rightful position as king. I conclude from what you (Blitz) wrote on the ToO that a majority of the people are loyal to the new King for more than just fear of him (otherwise more would join the prince and/or his hiding wouldn't be so secret). In that case they may be opposed to the prince fighting back for the throne. So then, who make up a majority of the prince's army? It would seem like if a majority of the people are loyal to the new King then lots of the people making up the princes army might be outcasts of the land. So would outcasts be truly loyal to the prince or are they just there to see what they can get out of this group who "accepts" them? That last question may be one of the problems that our characters must work through in the story, but I think the answer depends a lot on the first question I brought up: What is Prince Stromage like?

Those were questions that came to my mind. Some of them may be answered within the RPG story itself, but others I think we need to answer now to develop the story before we start.

P.S. I'm still open to doing a different RPG. I just got caught up thinking through that particular plot. ;)
"Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." Psalm 119:164
The majority of the early army is former soldiers of Prince Stromage. Basically, his and the king personal guard.
The power that King Brian has is the army. He lets them do what they want with the people, and provides them with plenty of money for their loyalty. He is a cruel, cunning leader.
Hmm, Prince Stromage is a slightly proud, a leader who draws people to him, and an excellent soldier. If anything that would hurt him is his impatiences. Their in lies Red, his comrade who is patient, a better general and soldier but not a leader. They check and balance each other.... sort of. Red also is much harsher and a better judge of character will Stromage is well more idealist.
At the beginning of the RPG, the work will be secret. No will know that the Prince or Red survived from the King's Guard, or that some of the army that supported the king fled with them. From there it must be decided.
That sounds like a good idea for an RPG, and it won't really require an excessive amount of people, either.
I'm all in, it sounds like a good idea, but what are the weapons allowed? Is Wizardry allowed?
Image ImageImage
I think it all sounds good. I'll join, if there is not a limit to how many players can join. I'm not sure I understand every detail, but as we progress, I'm sure I will.
Wizardry is not allowed. This isn't even the RPG topic, I'll be starting it up. Revolt of the Gileadites is the title, and I will be posting it.
Okay, great! When are you going to make it?
Image ImageImage
I opened it is in Tom's orchards.
Great!! I'll be posting on there!

-- Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:08 pm --

This is a really dead topic.
Image ImageImage
CCTZ
about | feedback