Stuff You've Been Reading Recently

Black by Ted Dekker. It's an adult book, so some of the aspects of the book may be a bit too mature for younger readers. (I.e. Blood, bullets, terrorists planning on using a virus to take over the world. Etc.) But it's an excellent read about the battle between good and evil, quite intense in parts, and Dekker has a beautiful way of showing some of the character of God.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
I love Black. Do you have the rest of the series?
Oh. Well is it a good book? It sounds like it is on a variety of things. Or maybe not. Never mind. You don't have to answer this.

Spoiler
Show
#The Truth
Frozen: It rules!
Emily: ERK thinks she rules, but the KRE knows the Truth.
Baby Animals: They are adorable!
Me: I chase turkeys with lawn chairs.
We have all the books Sam, you'll probably read them when you're around 15.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
Image ImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Just finished "Let a Simile Be Your Umbrella" and fixing to get "On Language", both by William Safire.
I'm kind of a grammar person.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one else who is you-er than you! -- Dr. Seuss
Huh. I've never heard of those before.

Spoiler
Show
#The Truth
Frozen: It rules!
Emily: ERK thinks she rules, but the KRE knows the Truth.
Baby Animals: They are adorable!
Me: I chase turkeys with lawn chairs.
I'm reading a book about a dog who knew over 1,200 words, his name is Chaser.
He is a border collie.
Before that I was reading about the world's tallest dog, his name is George
He is a great dane.
And I will rise when He calls my name / No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings / Before my God fall on my knees
And rise / I will rise
Hmm... Does anyone know of any good audio books on audible? I forgot to cancel my free trial in time so I have a free credit and don't want to put it to waist.

"What usually happens to me is I'll practice a piece of music and it will get stuck in my beard, and I'll have it memorized" -Me
I got it from the library, and haven't really gotten around to reading the others yet. But will check them out next time we visit our library.
Right now I'm reading the Illiad by Homer and a Hogwarts fanfiction. :anxious:
The Illiad has an interesting flow of words and the characters speak with quite a... zest.

Hmm... Don't have an Audible account, but Blimeycow has recommended "Holes" twice, so you might check that one out, if you think it looks interesting. What type of book generally draws your attention?
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Pumpkin Pie wrote:I'm reading The Book Thief. :D Pretty good book so far.

I love that book. It makes me want to cry. If you're interested the movie is good too. Currently I am reading 50 children. It's about a couple rescuing 50 children from Nazi Germany. The book is a true story
I just finished the Arena. Really good.
Surprised By Joy, CS Lewis' delightful autobiography. I was especially interested towards the beginning where a person was pushed and seemed to vanish "without a noise" of any sort. Rather like the Magician's Nephew, don't you think?
I just finished and re started A Hero's Lot. It is amazing the second book in my favorite series by Patrick W. Carr. The Staff and the Sword.
I'm reading The Chosen one by Chaim Potok. It is a wonderful story/picture of true friendship and racial/religious boundaries we put on ourselves and the blessings it robs us of.
What is forever..? Well I'll see you once that has past.<3
The Giver. I'm really enjoying it.
I am reading book called Christian are hate-filled hypocrites and other lies you've been told. Great book about interpretation of statistics.
I just started the amazing race. It is quite delightful!
I just finished the Giver. It was really great.
Been meaning to read that, Evil Twin. I just finished the 5th Anne of Green Gables book.
Mr. Foolish which book was number 5? Was it Anne of Avonlea?
CCTZ
about | feedback