Stuff You've Been Reading Recently

Seven from Heaven and A Miracle for Jen My Host of American Girl Books......
I love the Ted Dekker books! The Circle Trilogy is really good.

Recently, I have been reading The fourth in the Swipe series by Evan Angler, and seriously, those books are the best EVER! They are placed sorta in the End Times, kind of like Left Behind, but the main characters are kids, and this series is so awesome.

Also, kind of off topic, but not really. There is a blog that a friend of mine started recently, and seriously, their writing is really good. Like, I breathed a sigh of relief because this blog was SO different from "wanna-be" writer blogs. So, check it out. The most recent short story was REALLY good. http://choose2dream.weebly.com/

~~~Ryan Matlock: Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
*High fives Ryan*
I finished it the Circle Trilogy and all the other related books and read them over again.
Another great book by Ted Dekker that I read recently is called "Three". That book just blew my mind. Ted Dekker is SO good!

~~~Ryan Matlock: Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Oh yeah if you like Three you should read Bride Collector also.
Meh, I hated Three because I like solving mystery novels and I considered the end cheating.

Seriously there's four Swipe books now? I've been trying to get my hands on them since I read book one. Any other dystopian type books you would compare the later ones to?
I just read the Winds of Light series by Sigmund Brouwer. Very good books! Have any of you heard of them or read them?
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
I just got the second book of the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series. O.O I cannot wait to start it.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
How was it, AudPod? I didn't read the first book, but it looked interesting.

I recently read "There You'll Find Me" by Jenny B. Jones and "Pawn" by Aimée Charter. I love "There You'll Find Me," I think I've read it over 20 times. :P
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

I have all four Swipe books... They were just THAT amazing....
Stella C wrote:I have all four Swipe books... They were just THAT amazing....

Yes, yes they were. I CAN'T WAIT FOR 5!!!!

I am reading Twenty Years After(Three Musketeers sequel). It is good.
I'm reading Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin -_-
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
How are you liking it?
I am reading The Wives of Henry the 8th.
I'm reading The Shakespeare Stealer and William Shakespeare's Star Wars.
I'm reading The Book Thief. :D Pretty good book so far.
I've started six books, but I'm actively reading "Solzhenitsyn" by Pearce, "The Complete Father Brown" by Chesterton, and "Chosen But Free" by Geisler. I think "War and Peace" will be finished by the end of the summer...hopefully.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

Blitz wrote:How are you liking it?
I am reading The Wives of Henry the 8th.

I find it very enlightening. John Calvin discusses things that I never really thought about. But it does take all my powers of concentration to really understand some passages :yes:

How are you enjoying your book? That's not a very...pleasant topic to be reading about :/
He only executed two of his wives, two died naturally, and the other two he divorced. I actually ended up dumping the book because the person who wrote it was not very historical and twisted the events. Now I am reading The Book of Deacon. Very good.
Oh, you mean he only executed two?! ONLY TWO?!
Spoiler
Show
Two is enough to make me go >> :afraid:
CCTZ
about | feedback