Book vs. movie

There are hundreds of books that have been adapted into a movie. Are there any movies you prefer over the books? And movies that are as good as the book? I think the Lord of the Rings movies are just about as good as the books. The Eragon movie is horrible compared to the book. A Walk to Remember was as sweet as the book, but I do prefer the book.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

Usually the books except LOTR.
The Eragon movie was HORRIBLE. 'Nuff said.

The Hunger Games movies were much, much, much, MUCH better then the books.

Narnia movies were pretty good, as movies (Like good plots, good characters etc. As I have not read the books start to finish, I don't really know if the movies follow the books, but pople have said they don't. I don't know.. I thought they were good movies... O.o
HOW DARE YOU STELLA! Hunger Games movies were equal ,if not less, to the books. *sniffs*
SURRENDER YOUR COOKIES OR DIE!!
I am on the SS as, well, shnoodlec. :)
I think the movies ranked along the books in Hunger games. Though for Narnia I prefer the books to the movies. Actually I like the audio the best.
Movies I prefer to books... Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and broomsticks, Star Wars. Movies I like as much as books, I think they did a very good job with the first Hunger Games movie. the second was a travesty, but the first was okay. but I really disagree Stella C, the books were still way better than the movies. There are just some things that can't be captured by a movie, and I think Hunger Games was a very hard movie to adapt.
Don't even start me on Narnia. C. S. Lewis is one of my favourite authors, and he would be appalled by the movies. It's not that they were far from the books, they didn't even capture the spirit of the books. The Harry Potter books I can forgive somewhat because even though they were far from the books, they captured the spirit. But The Narnia movies were awful. I can't watch them. I didn't even watch the last one because it looked so stupid.
[scroll]Image[/scroll]
Okay, I'm not going to talk about the Percy Jackson movies.
I'm not.

Okay, I feel like there's two sides to this spectrum.
There's Catching Fire, for example. Catching Fire was AWESOME. As in, I literally sat there quoting the movie because it was exact book quotes (Yes, I have half the book memorized. Shuddup xD).
Then there's Percy Jackson.
I'm.....I have a whole rant, but I doubt no one wants to hear it. Basically, the first made me so mad I boycotted the second on principle. The movie was good if you hadn't read the books, but for fans of the books.... >_>

I don't think there's been a book that I preferred the movie more, but Catching Fire was pretty close. It was awesome. Usually I just think book to movie is okay, I mean, I will fangirl at the movie theater and go to the midnight premiere, but whether or not I will actually buy the movie depends on how good it is. And so far, I've only bought two movies... :P
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
I HATED the first Percy Jackson movie. My nerd rage was off the charts when I saw it. I have a friend who agrees with me, but said while the second was wasn't GREAT, it was waaaaaaaay better than the first. Okay, Catching fire wasn't BAD. It was better than some movie adaptions out there. But the first one was so good, I was really hoping that the second one would be as good. That's why I didn't like it. Maybe if I had set my expectations lower. But they left out some pretty important parts. Like, that shack in the woods. That established that District 13 still existed. And, they got the scene with the whipping of Gale all wrong. The one moment of the movie that stopped me from walking out was the scene at Caesar Flickerman's interview. I thought they did that well. And also, maybe a bit of a nit-pick, but Katniss's mockingjay dress was UGLY! The wings were beautiful, but the dress itself was like, so awfully ugly. AAUGGHGH SO UGLY!!!! I'm really sorry, I get upset thinking about that movie. I am so emotionally attached to those books, and watching them butcher that movie was more than I could handle :(
Off topic, but I love your avvy, aupod.
[scroll]Image[/scroll]
Percy Jackson movies *face palm* Why?!? :duh: The first one was horrid, the second a bit better.

Marvin.. I thought her dress was so cool :whistle:
I went into complete throw-my-popcorn-at-the-screen-and-attempt-not-to-scream rage at PJO. :P And yeah, they left out stuff in Catching Fire, and I was disappointed about that, BUT the parts that they had thought were awesome.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz9dQdJ3D2Q
Every one watch this please. *Rolls his eyes at the book or movie lovers*
:D BlimeyCow is awesome. I forgot about that video, Blitz. Thanks for sharing.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

Welcome I have always agreed with that. ;)
The movie version of the Scarlet Pimpernel is almost (ALMOST) equal to the book...I find both the book and the movie very fascinating!

As well...BBC versions of classic books are usually just as good as the books themselves. (I said usually, mind you there are exceptions)
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
I will just say, the phrase "the book was better than the movie" is disgusting, despicable, evil. It's so rarely true. Generally, people are in fact lamenting that the movie wasn't exactly like the book, as if anyone expected that. Heck, nobody even wants movies to be exactly and precisely like books or they'd last for hours.

But sometimes it's true. Eragon is indeed a good example.

Audrey, I probably agree with you, though I never bothered with the movies. Does ANYONE like them? btw, what happened to your great blog?

The hunger games movies and books are indeed equal. The actors are great, the emotion is absolutely tearing, and they kept the story smooth. I don't mind that a few of my person favorite scenese got cut. That's bound to happen to every fan, they can't keep everything. Really though, you would have to be crazy to complain about them cutting stuff from the movie. They're so insanely close to the book, closer than just about any movies I've seen.

Oh, any Ender's Game fans? Both book and movie: YES!

Okay, I'm going to say it: I liked Dawn Treader. It kept most of the essential scenes from the book and some of the embellishment was quite clever. Hate me if you want.

As for liking the movie better, Mary Poppins comes to mind. The movie is so much more creative and charming than the book. I'd have to say the same of Horton Hears a Who as well, though that hardly counts because the book is, after all, a seuss book. not exactly a mile long.
PS@ Blitz The Focus on the Family audio series is tee-riffic.
I haven't watched or read Eragon so I can't say anything. Yeah Mary Poppins the book was way boring. I mean mind numbing. Some old classical have good movies made from them.
I'd rather watch the movie after I've read the book.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
Image ImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
I prefer books because...
1. I don't watch movies, neither do I approve them.
2. Movies could take away or add stuff that are not in the books.
and 3. Books can raise your imagination more.
Ignorance to the law is no excuse!
You don't approve them OH?

I think that I generally like the books more, with the exception of LOTR, the books and movies were about the same. The Hobbit I preferred the Movies, which is saying something because I read the book three times in a month before seeing the movie... xD

I find that I usually like the movie to book adaptions more than anything else. If you want to know what I mean, read the Fireproof and Courageous books, they were brilliant. :D

I'd have to disagree with you, Marvin, I don't think C.S. Lewis would be appalled, except for the kiss in the second movie. They captured a lot of what was in the books, but knowing that they would never compare to C.S. Lewis, they changed the stories a bit. I do agree, I wish that they had gone closer to the books, but saying he'd be appalled? I mean, he was a lover of media... I think that he'd dislike specific elements, though.
-NarniaQA Guy. Blogger. And human being. And minecraft commentator/dictator. BEAT THAT!!! I mean to the human being...
http://narniaqaguy.blogspot.com | My graphic design center | http://www.youtube.com/narniaqaguy
NARNIA DO NOT START THIS DEBATED AGAIN. Hmm... C.S Lewis would have gagged at the Dawn Treader for sure.
CCTZ
about | feedback