Book vs. movie

NarniaQA Guy wrote:You don't approve them OH?

I think that I generally like the books more, with the exception of LOTR, the books and movies were about the same. The Hobbit I preferred the Movies, which is saying something because I read the book three times in a month before seeing the movie... xD

I find that I usually like the movie to book adaptions more than anything else. If you want to know what I mean, read the Fireproof and Courageous books, they were brilliant. :D

I'd have to disagree with you, Marvin, I don't think C.S. Lewis would be appalled, except for the kiss in the second movie. They captured a lot of what was in the books, but knowing that they would never compare to C.S. Lewis, they changed the stories a bit. I do agree, I wish that they had gone closer to the books, but saying he'd be appalled? I mean, he was a lover of media... I think that he'd dislike specific elements, though.

Sorry, but I am not Marvin D. (Josh, Gaius). I'm John Henry - the Tapeworm you (Montie) met in the ToO chat. I'm a bookworm, but I tend to believe a movie can spoil some things. I don't know about LoTR movies - never seen em. :D
Ignorance to the law is no excuse!
Lol, thanks Blitz. xD And no, I think he'd like it. xD It was far off from the book, but it had a good principle which is what C.S. Lewis was about.
-NarniaQA Guy. Blogger. And human being. And minecraft commentator/dictator. BEAT THAT!!! I mean to the human being...
http://narniaqaguy.blogspot.com | My graphic design center | http://www.youtube.com/narniaqaguy
Why would he be appalled at the kiss in the second film?

PS, goodness, if these posts had dates, they'd be pretty darn old dates. This site has always been slow, but it seems to have gotten SLOW.
The Foolish One wrote:Why would he be appalled at the kiss in the second film?

PS, goodness, if these posts had dates, they'd be pretty darn old dates. This site has always been slow, but it seems to have gotten SLOW.

I don't know why activitity is down, to be honest. Activity on here always seems to come in phases, one week there will be plenty of posts. Then the next, not very many. =P
CCTZ
about | feedback