Quotes!!!!

I love quotes! I have a notebook 2/3 full of quotes, poems, song lyrics, one-lines, etc. I like sharing quotes I've written down...and getting new quotes to add to my notebook.
What are some quotes you like? Could be from a movie, a book, a songs, church, whatever.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
~The Fellowship of the Ring by Tolkien
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

Here is a good one from Einstein.
"The day technology outruns communication, the world will have a whole lot of idiots."
And one I came up with myself.
"How can one man, break hearts, stop hearts, speed them up, stomp on them. How can a girl fall for a man then be sent 'ten feet off the ground by him?'
Once you are real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.
-Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit

I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about?
-Henry Ford
It is good war is so terrible or we would love it too much.
Robert E. Lee
Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one.
~1984 George Orwell

If someone does not have a missions heart at home, nothing magical happens when they buckle the seatbelt on the airplane.

- David Sills

Don't settle for the American dream when God is offering you the great commission.

-Eric Simmons
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.”

-Mark Twain

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

-Groucho Marx

~~~Ryan Matlock: Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Haha I love those quotes Ryan. :P
And NarniaGirl, I really like those quotes you shared, especially the one by Simmons

Who, being loved, is poor? ~Oscar Wilde

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. ~Dr. Seuss

"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog, you understand it better, but the frog dies in the process"~E. B. White. (Not inspirational, but my favourite one)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss.
[scroll]Image[/scroll]
:P That's a good one, Marvin.

You can only come to the morning through the shadows. ~Tolkien

No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear. ~ C.S. Lewis

Courage is not having no fear but when the giant presents itself, the courageous man swallows his fear. My own.
I gots a lot of quotes. x]

1. "Those who don't have a heart for holiness can hardly expect to feel comfortable in heaven." -- Nancy Leigh DeMoss

2. "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein

3. "If watermelons grew on trees.... Sir Isaac Newton may never have discovered gravity." -- Anonymous

4. "Sometimes, I think the Antichrist might be Oprah." -- shai linne (that one's just a joke, but I like it. x])

5. "It's all about giving God your firstfruits, not your leftovers." -- Ashton on Air1

6. "Sometimes people ask me if we're going to fix my son's hearing, and I say, 'I think he's the lucky one. The first voice he's ever going to hear is the voice of our Lord Jesus.'" -- caller on Air1

7. "This is not about what you feel, but what He felt to forgive you, and what He felt to make you new." -- Tenth Avenue North

8. "As much as it costs to follow You, it costs a lot more not to follow You." -- Anonymous

9. "The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair." -- Relient K

10. "Will you be willing to go, but planning to stay; or planning to go, but willing to stay?" -- President of Moody Bible Institute

11. "Christ is far greater a Savior than I am a sinner." -- Steve Camp

12. "Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have." -- Anonymous

13. "I can do all things through Him Who gives me strength... but sometimes I wonder what He can do through me." -- Anonymous

14. "One finds true happiness by stumbling over it on the path of duty." -- Anonymous

15. "Medicine makes people ill, mathematics makes them sad, and theology makes them sinful." -- Martin Luther (I think)

16. "When I am violently beset with temptations, or cannot rid myself of evil thoughts, [I resolve] to do some Arithmetic or Geometry, or some other study, which necessarily engages all my thoughts, and unavoidably keeps them from wandering." -- Jonathan Edwards

17. "We don't pray for a lighter cross, but a stronger back." -- KB (Kevin Burgess)

18. "The devil probably knows more about God than any man who has every lived." -- Anonymous

** Anonymous, in most of these cases, just means I don't remember who said the quote, not that it is unknown who said it.
"Why not" is a slogan for an interesting life. ~Mason Cooley
SURRENDER YOUR COOKIES OR DIE!!
I am on the SS as, well, shnoodlec. :)
"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed" ~unknown

I love this quote because it really reminds me of how marvelous God really is. He knows EVERYTHING and is in control of everything... :yes:
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
"That's not humanly possible... Or is it?" Left Behind 3 World at War, Nicola Carpathia.
It's easy to have an opinion. But change only comes when you put your ideas into action. ~Awaken by Kacvinsky

Too much happiness would make you too fond of this life. We mush have troubles here that the life after may be sweet. ~The Loon Feather by Fuller

-- December 24th, 2013, 2:08 pm --

It's easy to have an opinion. But change only comes when you put your ideas into action. ~Awaken by Kacvinsky

Too much happiness would make you too fond of this life. We mush have troubles here that the life after may be sweet. ~The Loon Feather by Fuller

Life is life. Anonymous
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” ~Leo Tolstoy

"Today you are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive who is youer than you!" ~Dr.Seuss :yes:
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
Live your life as if it matters how you live it.
Because it does. ~Brain Jack by Falkner

There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everything you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater.
But sometimes it doesn't
Sometimes it is nothing more that gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk towards a better life.
~Allegiant by Roth

Love these. :yes:

"We never know how far reaching something we think, say, or do today will effect the lives of millions tomorrow."~ BJ Palmer.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
CCTZ
about | feedback