What do you want to be when you grow up?

For the members of Campbell County not already grown, or even those who are grown but still have aspirations for future occupations:

What do you want to be when you grow up?

For me, I want to work in video and audio production. For most of my teenage life, I have enjoyed creating things. Early on, my love was writing. As I progressed through my teen years, I discovered wonderful, hilarious content on the internet such as The Ceiling Fan, BlimeyCow, and of course I had been listening to Odyssey ever since age 5.

Seeing all these productions and how much fun they were inspired me to make my own stuff. I have experimented with many forms of entertainment through my Youtube channel, "Ryan Matlock", creating the World Famous Odyssey Podcast, as well as assisting with many other AIO podcasts such as the Odyssey Scoop and the Whit's End Podcast.

After High School, I plan to attend a 1 year program called Praxis to gain an in-depth understanding of video and audio production, after which I will either get a job in video/audio production for a company, or do freelance work and Youtube videos (Strangely enough, it's possible to make a living off of Youtube alone if you have enough viewers).

~~~Ryan Matlock: Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
I have no idea.

Maybe audio engineering.

Yeah, those big YouTubers make a lot of money.
Hahaha this is a complex question. I would like to be in the fashion industry as a design either clothing, jewelry or costume. I would also like to be able to work in ministry and write music. So we shall see where I actually am in 10-15 years. I may just be a Christian fashion blogger, mother, pastors wife, church play director and song writer for my church. *shrug* or I could be a world famous fashion designer lol only God knows.

My plans for after high school are to move out to California and go to college to study music, hopefully after that I'll be able to go to FIDM but we shall see what the future holds. :D Very good question by the way!
What is forever..? Well I'll see you once that has past.<3
I wanna be older. :yes:

In all honesty, I have several different ideas that I've toyed with over the years. As a kid I had a good friend at a gospel radio station that used to put me on the air some. I would say that is probably part of where my desire to do a podcast came from and I throughout my life I have played with various audio projects. Including the one I am currently working on.

Another thing that I have played with over the years is websites. That all started back in the days of Yahoo GeoCities. I even won a first place award for an AIO based website at a convention once. That is what inspired me to take webdesign in high school. It can be a lot of fun to work with code and such. I haven't done a whole lot with it lately so I'm rather rusty.

Those who know me, know I can be very outgoing and I love the elderly. For on of my high school credits, I did volunteer work at a hospital. My favorite unit to work was rehab. It was fun getting to interact with the patients and help things go smoothly. If the opportunity were to present itself again, I'd consider doing it for a living.

All that said, I have several different things I'd like to do but I don't know if I'll ever really get that job that fits me perfectly. It doesn't help that I have problems with things like lifting heavy objects.
I want to be an economist. Math is my favorite subject but who knows. I also want to work with the youth on part time bases.
CCTZ
about | feedback