La Casa De Shtakji

Hey there! =]
Been thinking about opening up a thread where I post some things I write/draw/etc., kind of like the blog threads on SS. So sort of a random blog. Don't be expecting too much, haha. But hope you're able to find it interesting.

While singing the song "He is More Than Enough" last night, I started thinking about blind Bartimaeus in Mark chapter ten. And then my philosophical side came out as i thought about how his story could pertain to our lives today.

46 And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.
47 And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.
48 And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me.
49 And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee.
50 And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus.
51 And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.
52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

How many times do we cry out once for God to help us, before deciding that He isn't listening, and give up? They told Bartimaeus to be quiet. Verse 48 says "many charged him that he should hold his peace". All too often this is where most of us would give in to peer pressure and be quiet. Or try to get his attention in a more inconspicuous way. Imagine if he had not cried out again. He would have lost nothing by holding his tongue. But he might have gone through life without ever seeing the faces of people he'd known his whole life. God would not have received the glory for performing the impossible. I want my life to count for Christ. Not to try to stumble blindly through life on my own strength. God will open our eyes to greater things. But we have to want it. Any relationship that is one sided or without trust will ultimately be barren. That's why God calls us to to draw near to Him. He wants us to trust him and talk to Him about our struggles. He takes delight in doing the impossible for us. You are His beloved. He wants to walk with you and show you things that would otherwise go unseen. He's calling each of us to his side. The question is: will we choose to go?

I'm tired of myself. And how hard I struggle to be "good enough". It's time I let go of my own righteousness for His righteous goodness. To go beyond myself. For in the end, what we do for God is basically all that matters.

And if you're hurting, remember. We each can only see a tiny corner of a massive picture. And all of those people telling you to keep quiet, the ones who say what you're trying to do for God is a waste of time.. They'll be able to see that there's something different about you. Don't give up.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Jeremiah 33:3

Well, there's a tidbit I was thinking about. It's not much, and I'm not that great at putting it in to words.. Especially when I'm this sleepy, haha. But hope it might help someone in a small way. =) thank you for taking the time to read it and hope you have a lovely night or day depending on when you're reading this. ~Tay
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Where be de like button? I especially like you saying to let go of our own righteousness. We tend to want to be self-righteous, but we are justified and made righteous not by ourselves.
Thanks, Jake. Yes, that's very true. Isaiah 63:6 tells us that our own righteousness is equivalent to the filthy rags they used to wipe the leper's sores.

Here's a poem I wrote a while back called Winter's Night.

Spinning softly to a forgotten tune
Fragile notes shattering in the frostbitten air
The colour of nothing
It would seem everything has gone and died
Looking at the frosty barrenness
How could anything survive?
But there is always today
And tomorrow after that
When life is giving way
And we're swallowed by the past
Look up through the freezing tears
And seeing snowflakes created each
their own unique shape
Remember you're so much more than these
And the worry will soon pass away,
Your heart soon will no more ache
He's looking back and watching over you
With eyes of tender care
Whispering through the darkest night
"My child, don't despair
Your rewards will be great
Oh, can't you see?
There's so much before you
So much that you can be
The storm, indeed, is blinding
But just hold my hand
I'll walk with you
through even the deepest drifts
And carry you when you can't stand"
This valley is tough
But your footprints pave the way
For the next lost soul to see
You may just be the beacon of hope
That calls their heart to the safety of the fold
And gives them a reason to believe

Not that great of a poem, but thought I'd share it anyway, haha.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
I liked that poem, it's better than I could have done.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
Image ImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Much better than me, also.
CCTZ
about | feedback