What's Your Talent?

Just what the name says. I believe God has given each of us talents and the ability to do amazing things. And exploring those talents, we learn more of its secrets, little tricks, and ultimately become more creative and our imagination opens up to things we hadn't seen before. Then we get to share what we've discovered with other people, helping them and learning from them.
I'm not extremely talented, but do have a few hobbies.
First of all, I love to sing. Music is my obsession, if I'm breathing I am more or less likely to be singing. I also love to hear other people's music, and to see or hear the art they've produced. I cherish other's talents, and love how each person has their unique view and style. Whether that be music or otherwise.
I also draw somewhat, occasionally: paint, write (both poetry and fiction), play violin, piano, guitar, recorder, and a very small bit of harmonica. And sometimes enjoy origami, although I'm not sure if that's a talent. Oh, and acting. I'm not that good, but really enjoy it. And more than anything I love to lift someone up a little higher when possible. Not sure if that's considered a talent. I know some people are better at it, and I'm not all that good. But I try my best, and that's what matters. =]

Anywho, enough about me, what are some of your talents?
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Hmm. I do love math. I have a knack to find the shortest way to do something. I love history and have great brain capacity to hold facts.
Strong Talents/ gifts
Hospitality
Cooking
Idea haver (ask Eugene)
Mentor (especially to teens)

Less Strong Talent
singing; I'm out of practice and singing in front of people gives me anxiety. I'm trying to get over it, though, and back into practice.

I'm also good at eating.
Oooh! Nice topic Shtakji! Everyone (myself included) loves to talk about their talents :mrgreen:

In generality, most people love their talents and are passionate about what they are good at. I am very different. I have a talent for writing...and quoting Mozart, I write essays and poetry (for him it was music) "as a cow piddles". It comes so naturally to me. I can sit at a laptop and have an excellent essay written in half an hour. I can make a beautiful poem as I wait in my bed for sleep to deem me worthy of its presence. But the strange thing is that I don't love writing. At all. It so bland to me.

I wish I had a talent for music. That is something I am so intensely passionate about. But alas.
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
Oh yeah, I can eat. I can eat at a buffet and come back home after two hours and eat oh half a pizza.
I'd like to say that I'm talented at playing guitar. =D
XD You don't say, Louis? XD
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
Ooh, those are all great gifts to have. :) I generally like math as well, Jake. But algebra has a tendency for befuddling me.

@Angie: That's awesome! You seem like a creative person. :) What kind of cooking is generally your favourite?

@Renae: That's too bad you don't enjoy writing, you seem like you'd be good at writing skits and such. And I thought you did have a talent for music. You play the piano and several other instruments, yes?

I also seem to have a knack for picking up on patterns. And can usually sense if someone is not feeling that great.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Algebra is easy as one two three.
Mine would probably be singing, photography, writing, and I'm good at shoulder rubs. :)

If you're interested to see some of my photography work, you can go here and go to "Photo Index" to see everything that I've uploaded.

valeriegraceimages.blogspot.com
Shoulder rubs..... ?
Yes, it's where you rub shoulders. ;) I'm not sure how to define it better... It's like a back rub, except on the shoulders?
Oh. Could I have one? ;)
*slaps Jake*

Don't ask such a stupid question. Hmm, talents. Does pushing Josh into a lake count? :lol:

It'd probably be playing piano. I do sing a little.
Cello, music in general basically. Computers too.
CCTZ
about | feedback