The Whovian Thread

I'm a bit surprised no one has made this topic yet. This is the place where you can discuss your favourite/least favourite episodes, muse over plot holes, and post those hilarious Doctor Who themed memes no one else in your family gets. ;)

How long have you been watching Doctor Who? Which is your favourite Doctor? Favourite/least favourite villain? Best quote?

I'm curious as to how many people on here watch the show.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
I've been watching for about a month or two. My favorite doctor is probably a tie between Eleventh and Third. My favorite villains are probably either the Great Intelligence or the Silence. Best quote? "I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool." (Stetsons are better)
Have you seen the 50th anniversary episode yet?
I watched it for the first time recently, and really liked it.
Ah, a lot of people like Eleven. And he's starting to grow on me as well. But my favourite shall always remain the Tenth. Probably one reason I enjoyed the 50th special so much. :D (No spoilers).
My favourite companion would have to be Clara.
The Silence are pretty cool. And eerie.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Yes, seen most episodes from Series 4 on. Still need to watch Blink.
Well, the eighth season will be premiering this Saturday. http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/vi ... ew-doctor/
Peter Capaldi has a big role to fill coming in after David and Matt. Honestly, I'm a little unsure as to how this season will turn out. But am still hopeful and won't judge it until after I've watched it.
Matt Smith had some of the best written episodes (IMO, at least) so hopefully this'll be a very good new season brimming with creative ideas.
I'm pretty optimistic about it. Peter Capaldi is a lifelong Who fan, and I'm hoping he'll bring it back from Ponds-drama and endless flirting. Sorry, I'm just getting tired of the flirting with almost every companion in New Who so far.
Since I got netflix. xD The fourth doctor is my favorite, and here is why: http://narnia.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Baker xD My favorite villian would be The Master, and my least favorite would be the daleks. My favorite doctor from the new series is Tennant, but I'm excited for Peter Capaldi. :D
-NarniaQA Guy. Blogger. And human being. And minecraft commentator/dictator. BEAT THAT!!! I mean to the human being...
http://narniaqaguy.blogspot.com | My graphic design center | http://www.youtube.com/narniaqaguy
*sigh* I finally get you to watch Doctor Who and you pick all of the wrong people/monsters/episodes.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
What do the doctors do? I finally know there are 13 of them. Also, who's that girl? (I hardly know Dr. Who, Tardis, or Whovian, etc.) Some girlfriend chasing the doctor?
Ignorance to the law is no excuse!
Which girl? There are a ton of females. Clara, Amy, River Song, and Rose to name a few.
Most of the girls are people the doctor takes on his journeys. Mostly, no romantic relationships, except for Rose and River Song.
The girl in Eleventh Doctor's avater. Is she Tasha something.
NL.
Tasha something, or Lem is the leader of the Papal Mainframe, whom I won't give away too much about to avoid spoilers. She is implied to have had past romantic relationships with the Eleventh Doctor.

The girl in Eleventh Doctor's avatar is Amelia, or Amy Pond. She met the Doctor right after his regeneration, but shortly after she met him, he left, meaning to come back five minutes later, but missing the target by 12 years. Because of this, she thought that he was just an imaginary friend. She was the Eleventh Doctor's first companion, and later—spoilers.

-- Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:02 am --

AudPod wrote:*sigh* I finally get you to watch Doctor Who and you pick all of the wrong people/monsters/episodes.

Hey! What's wrong with four?
Does it have any Christianity?
Is it a movie?
Nope. =p
Doctor Who is a TV show, but there was also a movies made a while back.
I haven't watched much of new Doctor Who, mainly old Who. However I recently watched The Girl in the Fireplace and liked it a lot. My favorite quote would have to be what the Tenth Doctor said in that episode:

Young Reinette: Monsieur, be careful!
The Doctor: It's just a nightmare, Reinette, don't worry, everyone has nightmares. Even monsters under the bed have nightmares!
Young Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
The Doctor: Me!
CCTZ
about | feedback