Revolt of the Gileadites

Red said with a smirk on his face, "So exactly what are we doing again?"
Stormage glanced back at Red whose red eyes were dancing at the moment. The aura of mystery that came with his eyes and his ruggdly handsome face that currently was the most handsome on the market, made him constant chased by all women. It got so bad that he couldn't even train his own female soldiers. Then again, it was arguable which one of them was the most handsome.
"We are slipping out of this castle. We are both tired of this never-ending ball, and I can find out if Lady Sella has other interests while I am 'sick'," Stormage winked at Red.
Red's eye caught a man moving stealthily along the edges of the stable and quickly flew into action. The man hadn't seen him yet and with ease he grabbed the man around the neck cutting off any nose and slammed him to the ground.
A knife almost appeared in Red's hand, and he placed the tip against the man's throat, "You're not supposed to be here. You are a frontier soldier."
The man grinned cynically up at Red and Stormage, "You're both as good dead. General Brian, or should I say King Brian, is in your father's place now."
Stormage swore, and Red simply knocked the man unconscious then stabbed him in the heart. Red stood up; his face emotionless, but his eyes burned with an intensity.
Stormage glared at Red, "How did you not stop this from happening? That is your job."
Red matched his glare, "I was to busy. Since the age of 18, I have been general of the castle army and surrounding defense which is half the kingdom. Your father began to add more to my work load constantly. I have to be with you when ever you leave the castle, take care of my own estate, Castle Laskin, attend function for your father, deal with the navy often times, and do some administrative work. I may have been above Prince Brian, but I rarely went to the frontiers or had the time to investigate the various lord's armies."
Prince Stormage sighed, "Now what?"
"We run. Take 12 horse including our own out to the field near the out-of-castle- training grounds. I will meet you there. If anyone approaches flee and let the horse run," Red disappeared into the shadows.
Red's goal was his and Stormage's adjoining room. He needed to make sure Brian thought he and Stormage were dead. When he began to approach, he climbed out a window and scaled along the edge of the wall carefully. He could see from the window ten armed assassins preparing to go in and fiver more standing outside preparing to set the room a-light in case the ten didn't make it. Red smirked, at least Brian realized his incomparable skill. Red waited for the men to go inside and fight the two men that were impersonating them. When he heard the fighting die down, he lit a match and threw it on the kerosene."
He heard a few yells and nothing more. A grim smile touched his face, and he began his way down. When he reached Stormage, he drew his bow and headed to the training field. This was the only place that Brian might not have secured yet. He approached carefully not knowing whether or not they were even for the king. He saw about 10 people training (the other ones can be used as NPCs until more people join).
Red breathed then drew his bow and yelled, "If you are Brian run for your life, if you are for the king come with me."
The raw shock on their faces showed that they could be trusted.
Red yelled again, "What are you waiting for? Follow me. King Marcus is dead. Brian rules."
And so began the Gileadites. Red rode ahead scouting the way, while Stormage lead the others. Red had whispered to Stormage, "We go to the Fortress Gilead."
Stormage simply nodded and spurred his horse to a medium gallop. Eventually, they reached the forest. After a certain point, they reached signs saying, "Government land, keep off."
Red lead the group to a certain point and said, "Follow in a straight line after me. If you fall out you will most likely fall into a trap."
Finally, they reached the fortress, a wooden building with a stone wall surrounding it.
"Get some rest people, tommorow we meet," Red headed over to the stable to take care of his horse, a fine stallion called Steal.
Red stood guard that night and at 5:30 went to the kitchen to wait for the others to wake up.

(Begins the next morning)
Unbeknownst to Stormage, the man only known as the Shadow, except to Stormage and Red, had been up for hours already. He always woke up at the early hour of 3 AM to train and to focus his mind. Having finished his morning training, he walked into the kitchen.

OOC: did I do this right? I haven't done a lot of RPG stuff before.
Zenaide opened her eyes and glanced around. Was it only yesterday that everything changed? she thought. Of course it was coming, but . . . I didn't think I would be asked to decide my loyalty so soon. Of course, my loyalty has always lied with Stormage; that I've never questioned!
Sometimes she had questioned her own role in his army. Not so much because of Stormage but because of Red. The tension between Red and the female soldiers was obvious. There was no denying his good looks. But even with the tension Red didn't seem interested in girls. That made things a little easier. Still, Zen couldn't help feeling uneasy under Red's watchful eye. She knew she couldn't hide much of anything from him. Not that I have anything to hide, she thought. Still she couldn't shake off that feeling of uneasiness.
She got up and went into the kitchen, refusing to waste any more time. She respectfully greeted Red, and began cooking a simple breakfast being careful with how much food she used. Even as simple as the food was, it was the little bit of comfort that reminded her of home. Mama had always said she was meant to serve at home. She was more content growing a garden and cooking meals than going on difficult war adventures. But now was the first time she didn't question her role in Stormage's army. Perhaps home is where I find the most comfort, but right now I'd rather be going on this journey, serving the one who knows how to lead a kingdom correctly.
"Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." Psalm 119:164
OOC: WE I don't get your post very well, and Sunshine I was referring to Red in the earlier part about his looks. Stormage had very little interest in the army until now. I'll post later once everyone wakes up.
Sorry, I meant Stormage and Red when I said Brian. That's what I get when I don't read the posts :/

Basically, he wakes up early, goes out and trains, and comes back in.
As Gaberk swings through the trees around the Castle he notices that there are a lot of new people he'd never seen before. He swings over to Red and asks who they are.

Is this like a RPG? Or are we continuing what the previous person wrote?
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
Image ImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
OOC: It is the fort. Fort Gilead. In away Gaberk, You role play your character and interact with other people.
Red sat lazily in the chair as thoughts whirled through his mind. He watched Zenaide as she cooked. He wondered whether Stormage would be interested in her, then again, Stormage was interested in any female unlike himself. He hated the fact his appearance was distracting, and he never pursued any females. Not so much for a lack of confidence, but he didn't care.
Stormage entered the kitchen and immediately moved toward Red. He said in a low voice, "Not daydreaming are you? I thought you never took a break."
A smile touched Red's lips and he responded, "Just waiting for everyone to wake up. Shadow woke up early and was training outside though he thinks I didn't see him. I watched him to make sure he didn't get near any trap."
"Nothing goes by you does it?"
"Nope, and I noticed you've been watching the girls closely since we started riding. Picked one to make fall head over heals for you yet?" Red said, his eyes dancing.
"You know me to well. Naw not yet." Stormage head toward the pantry to find something to cook for himself.
Gloriel pushed back her blond hair as she carefully concealed her self in her cape. She couldn't seem to find what she was looking for. She looked around for someone that was sure be watching, as of she was at a fort. A hand grabbed at her from behind. She looked and saw it was just her friend. (Anyone can be that friend) She climbs a tree into a hideout and keeps her blue eyes on the lookout for the coluus gun (Anyone see it?)
Gloriel was at a loss. Her target was not here. She tries to leave but something tells her to stay.
"What now Faies?" She said as she turned around. Her brother Faies had been pretending to be a spy and had stowed away on her ship. So now he was in a dangerous place.
"I wanted to know if when you found the gun if I could play with it?" His cute face looked up expectantly at her.
Not wanting to crush his hopes she says, "I don't know... but we'll see."

I have no idea whether or not that was any good, but I hope it is.

Spoiler
Show
#The Truth
Frozen: It rules!
Emily: ERK thinks she rules, but the KRE knows the Truth.
Baby Animals: They are adorable!
Me: I chase turkeys with lawn chairs.
Sameriazx wrote:Gloriel pushed back her blond hair as she carefully concealed her self in her cape. She couldn't seem to find what she was looking for. She looked around for someone that was sure be watching, as of she was at a fort. A hand grabbed at her from behind. She looked and saw it was just her friend. (Anyone can be that friend) She climbs a tree into a hideout and keeps her blue eyes on the lookout for the coluus gun (Anyone see it?)
Gloriel was at a loss. Her target was not here. She tries to leave but something tells her to stay.
"What now Faies?" She said as she turned around. Her brother Faies had been pretending to be a spy and had stowed away on her ship. So now he was in a dangerous place.
"I wanted to know if when you found the gun if I could play with it?" His cute face looked up expectantly at her.
Not wanting to crush his hopes she says, "I don't know... but we'll see."

I have no idea whether or not that was any good, but I hope it is.

A. You were supposed to sign up. Visit this page to sign up: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=336
B. This is a war story, not a pretend you're in a war story. (Was what you wrote supposed to be a sister and a brother playing a game? I'm confused.)

Gaberk walked over to one of the other recruits.
"Hello."
"Ummm... Hi?"
"Sorry, I'm Gaberk. Gaberk Gealion."
"I prefer not to tell you my name, so you can call me Shadow."
"Okay, Shadow. Nice to meet you."
"Do you have any idea where Red is going to take us now? I mean, we can't really trust anyone besides ourselves."
Image ImageImage
OCC: Take notice of the first post. It explains where we are now.
Nicole opened her eyes, and glanced around her. "Where am I?" she thought, then remembered the events of the previous night. She quickly stood up and walked into the kitchen. Her neck ached slightly from sleeping on the hard stone floor, but she barely noticed. Seeing Zenaide preparing food, she quickly hurried over to do what she could do to help. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Red and Stormage talking quietly, and wondered what they were talking about. Upcoming plans? But then she heard a couple snags of the conversation: "...watching the girls...", "...make fall head over heels for you...", and she immediately was on her guard. She knew that Stormage had a tendency to flirt with girls, and she had become quite annoyed with him. Hoping to stop the conversation from continuing, she pick up up a bucket of cold water and walked over to them, pretending to trip and spilling water all over Stormage. The way he looked, Nicole could barely keep from bursting out laughing. She got a rag and quickly started mopping up the floor around Stormage, purposefully leaving him sopping wet. "That should keep him quiet for a while" she thought, smiling to herself.
Okay just forget about the other post I made.

Gloriel watched as her best friend Nicole "tripped". Gloriel ducked into the nearest room and burst out laughing. Then she looked at where she was.
"Oh no." Gloriel gasped. She was in Red's room. She decided to make herself scarce. She quickly directed herself to the exit.
Gloriel looked back into the room from the doorway. She turned and bumped right into Red.

Spoiler
Show
#The Truth
Red was already gone.
Image ImageImage
OCC: Okay, I finally edited my post above.

IC: Zenaide tried to hide her own smile when she saw Stormage soaking wet. She quickly put on a serious face, and in her matter-of-fact tone said, "Oops . . . here's a towel. What a terrible accident." She emphasized the last word slightly, glancing at Nicole, who had done nothing so much as to even apologize.

Gloriel had disappeared, and Zen hadn't realized until she saw Red going into his room right off of the kitchen . . . and confronting her friend. Well this is just a fine way to start a day like this! she thought, as she waited to see Red's reaction.

OCC: Last I see Stormage was headed for the pantry but just before he left Nicole attempted to interrupt their conversation. Red was still sitting in the kitchen, according to the Blitz's last post.
"Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." Psalm 119:164
OOC: I'll just go. Gaberk, you cannot control other peoples characters. Only your own.
Red ducked into his room with a small smile on his face, and he bumped into Gloriel.
"Morning Gloriel, long time no see," Red said, his face back to his regular neutral, "I'm sorry about your parents."

Stormage
Stormage coughed and thanked Zenaide for the towel. He grinned slightly because he knew Red had seen the 'accident' coming. Kinda of nice, in his opinion, not having people run around on tiptoes or being way to forward. As heir apparent, the only person who was regular with him was Red, and pranked him back was Red. If it hadn't been for Stone, he admitted to himself, he would have been a spoiled brat.
Grace woke to a tiny stream of sun shining in her eyes. She quickly sat up to have a quick breakfast before going out to train. Training was pretty much the only alone time she got. She could be herself, and not have to be around all these people talking to her. She didn't hate being with people, it was just that you could get into such awkward situations, especially with, well, Stormage. He himself just made things awkward. She sighed.

Nicole glanced up from mopping up the floor, only to see Stormage grinning as he wiped himself off. "What is it going to take that knucklehead to get through his brai-" her thought was interrupted as she saw her best friend Gloriel in the doorway by Red. "What in the world?" she thought.
She was about to walk over when Grace walked in. Grace was so pretty, yet so quiet. Nicole liked Grace a lot, but she wouldn't really talk to Nicole. However she was determined to have a friendship with her. Getting up she walked over to Grace and said,"Morning, Grace. Do you want to go out and train with me after some grub?" Grace looked startled, but slowly nodded. Um, sure.... "Well, this is going well so far" thought Nicole.
Then she saw Stormage again and was reminded of the matter at hand. If he lays one finger on Grace or Gloriel... she thought.
Shadow walked back into the kitchen. When he had passed through previously to get to his room, it had been dark and empty. Now, he saw Zenaide, Grace and Nicole, as well as Stor. Nicole was mopping up water, Red was trying not to chuckle, and Stormage was...sopping wet? Shadow decided to just wait in the background until someone noticed.

OOC: What time period is this set in?
OOC: Medieval. Completely medieval. Which means nothing, nada modern.
Gaberk walked in behind Stormage and Red.
"Hey Red, Stormage, weren't we just leaving?" He widens his eyes and tilts slightly forward to emphasize his meaning.
Image ImageImage
Gloriel glances at Gaberk, and quickly thanks Red for his sympathy and apologizes for being in his room, and walks out before he could react. She then goes outside to train.

Cammi grabs the her dagger, and starts carving a deer. She sees Gloriel walk out and grab a bow.
"Hi." Cammi said.

Spoiler
Show
#The Truth
CCTZ
about | feedback