Praises

Psalm 26:7 That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Your wondrous works.
Psalm 35:18 I will give You thanks in the great assembly; I will praise You among many people.

What are you praising God for today? Share it here.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

I like to praise God in a variety of ways. I like to read the psalms out loud sometimes.
I do too. Today I praise Him for His grace and mercy that I don't deserve. Praise Jesus that I don't have to 'deserve' it!
I am thanking God for how He has blessed me with so many friends. Friends here on CC, my close friends, and even friends I rarely see. It's amazing how God's love shows through other people, and yesterday I was really aware of how blessed I am. I have so many different friends and God uses all of them in different ways.

I praise God for Sheila, my seizure alert dog and considerate friends and family who help me to get in a safe place.
I praise God for His grace and providence in allowing me to learn music and giving me the opportunity to play so many instruments. I am so absolutely grateful because I can listen to, enjoy, and play music!
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
I am so thankful for a warm house.

IrishTiger wrote:I am so thankful for a warm house.

Houses are awesome! I'm thankful to have a place to live as well.
I really think I'm going to try to post in this more often. Because if we are really paying attention there's something that we can praise God for everyday. And I honestly feel like I haven't been doing enough of praising God lately.

There were some things about this break that just didn't tickle my fancy. I won't go into the details, but let's just say I planned something out only to have something else happen that completely ruined my plans. I was pretty dissapointed at the time, but looking back it wasn't that bad an evening. Even though we didn't get to do what we wanted, we still somehow managed to make the best of it. Plus we had some friends to help us out too. It reminds me of how everyone thought Jesus was going to be born in a palace and trumpets playing in the streets, but that's not how God intended it to be. "We make plans and God laughs." is a phrase that comes to mind. I guess what i'm getting at is; while looking back at that event I could complain till I'm blue in the face, but it wouldn't change what happened but the complaint isn't what I see when looking back. I see so many things to be thankful for that happened out of that situation.

That turned out longer than I intended... But I hope at least some of that made sense.
Totally makes sense, Jason. Thanks for sharing.

I'm praising God today for keeping me safe, even when I'm not asking for His protection.

I praise God for giving me the strength to wake up early in the morning and spend my first few hours with Him. If I were to rely on my own will power, I would never be able to get up and pray and read His word :yes:
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
Things came through for me, and it looks like I can continue at my college. Really thankful for this.
I'm thankful for a God that would love the unlovable, and forgive the unforgivable. For extending grace again and again to the undeserving humans that are.. us. For loving us more than we could ever hope to return.

I'm also thankful for the most amazing friends I have made in this past year. You guys are a great blessing to my life.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
That's awesome, Jason. :D

Shtakji, I'm so glad you and I have become friends. :)

Today, I'm praising God for His blessings. He's blessed me with so very much.

I'm very glad we became friends as well, IT. :)
I feel there is much I can learn from the amazing person you are.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
I am thinking we are putting thanks in a praise thread.
Thanks is for what God has done for us.
Praises is praising what God is to you not what he does.
Something like this.
I praise you God because you are my provider.
I thank you God for giving me the money I needed to repair my car.
Hmmm...I'm actually seeing your point, Blitz O.o
I just looked up the definitions of both and there does seem to be a good difference.

Whatever the case may be...I think we can still praise God because He is such a great God and because He DOES all this stuff for us... you know?
Something like this.
I praise you God because you are my provider: You gave me the money I needed to repair my car.
I thank you for giving me the money for my car is slightly better. I learned it when I was mere young one. I learned the names of God stuff like that. Basic doctrines etc.
I realize this is an old topic, but I am so thankful for the new church God blessed us with to start the year off. Our old building had gotten too small for us and we needed to move. According to the bank, the only way to make a purchase work was to sell the old building first. Being that our town is small, buildings like our church don't sell easy. It was a small garage, had been on the market at least a year prior to us buying it. Within 2 weeks of us listing the building, we had an offer. Not only that, it turns out that the Methodist were planning to build a new building and wanted to sell theirs. They were willing to do everything they could to make it work so we could buy it.I don't remember the exact price we got it for but we got a great deal. And if that wasn't enough, one of the churches we fellowship with took up a $10,000 offering for us.

That's the kind of God we serve
Wow! That's great, Bren!
CCTZ
about | feedback