How has God been working in your life today?

This question is similar to my other topic, about the devil workin in your life.

This question is more commonly asked, but Again I challenge you to think about and post here when you can as often as possible.

It's the idea that God works and interacts, and speaks to us but we don't always acknowledge him. In this thread, share scripture that God spoke to you through, or a moment where his presence was evident.

-- Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:46 pm --

During bible study tonight we talked about acts 20. The verse that stood out the most was verse 24. Basically Paul says that nothing matters more to him (not even his life) than to spread Gods message as far as he can. This passion that Paul had, motivates me to live my life like that. To love and love for God, loving others to Christ. That matters more than me.
Those are lovely thoughts. I would also love to live that way. Paul wrote some of the most encouraging books of the Bible. He really was completely devoted to Christ.
It reminds me of the verse "He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
In tonight's midweek service, we were talking about Romans 3. We read through, and when we got to verse ten, we brought up that it was part of the roman road. We went through the other verses of the roman road, and it was really cool. I knew that there was a classification called that, but not what the verses said or what they were. I highlighted them in my bible so I'd be able to find them if the occasion came to be. One verse that stuck out was.

Romans 8:9 ESV
[9] You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

This reminded me that as Christians we need to separate from the things the world or flesh does. We cannot do this alone, but the spirit is with us if we accept it.
God has really been helping me with my frustration the past couple weeks. Golf can be a lot more frustrating than you think.
God had been showing His patience and love so much these past few weeks, and if you were to ask why I'd say it's definitely NOT because of who I am or what I've done to deserve it (quite the opposite these past few weeks). It's hard for me to pinpoint all the amazing blessings that He has given me, but one specifically is that I came across a song with the title, "Consecrate." It's such a rich song, and one that God is making my earnest prayer.
"Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." Psalm 119:164
Today was the first chapel of the semester and I LOVED it! The message was so powerful and really got me thinking. It was on the parable of the sower and he focused on the soils. But I hadn't heard it explained the way he did today. Basically he gave each soil a simplistic description.

Hardened- experience of hard times hardens some hearts to the word
Shallow- eager to grow but first sign of trouble withers. More likely to follow the crowd than stand alone.
Crowded- The crowded Christian is crowded with items, and worldly thoughts and there is no room for spiritual growth.
Open- open mind, open heart

He summed up the message with; "Good seed requires good soil to bear good fruit." I guess you could say it challenged me to question whether I can say I fall into the good soil category. To be honest, lately I could be placed in th crowded area. My focus hasn't been on God, but on other worldly things. It's something I intend to work on.

-- Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:35 pm --

This week has been a little rougher in some ways. Monday I moved back to my college home, and then we had some vehicle complications. Long story short it added a lil bit to my stress levels. Along with classes starting up on Wednesday. Wednesday and Thursdays chapel messages were just what I needed. in my previous post I mentioned what the service was about but forgot to include more of how it impacted me. I guess for the most part I would place myself in the "open/good soil" category. But every now and then my life gets crowded and my focus is less on God. Vehicle distractions, the business that comes with school, but here's something I've realized. If I were to chart my time spent in a pie chart, there's plenty of time spent on my computer. The deeper question I've been asking myself is where do my priorities lie? How much time do I actually spend studying? How much time do I spend with God? I pray that God will help me prioritize my time better and that I may glorify him in all that I do.

-- Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:09 pm --

Last night I set aside the normal things I do before bed and simply went to bed. What do I mean? Well, normally I listen to Odyssey, and/or play on my ipad till I'm really tired and then it's just a matter of closing my eyes. This time, I just laid in bed giving myself the opportunity to think. And while I did this, I realized how much this scared me. Thoughts from all directions swarmed my mind. I found myself asking God various questions, praying that he'd help me figure things out. One of the bigger questions I wrestled with was when will I find that special girl? Asking God various details about what she might look like and various things like that. How will I know she's THE one? Then I came back to the conclusion that has always been at the forefront of my mind. "In God's timing not mine." It's just discouraging, and I know it's a tool that the devil use to get me down. It's weird sometimes how my mind formulates these conflicting voices that are as real as you and me.
Example:
Devil: Why are you waiting for "the one" when you can have every girl you want.
God: Keep waiting.
Devil: There's so many ways to get exactly what you want.
God: I know what you want.
Devil: Do what feels good, you want regret it.
God: Do what your heart tells you is right.
Me: Can I at least know her name?

You know what I mean.
The devil slips into these quiet moments too trying to be louder than God's still quiet voice. The devil's ways are tempting because his ways are instant while God's ways require time and the scariness of the unknown. Now hear these next few words because they are the most important. The truth is that God's ways really are what's best for me, while the devil's ways come with consequences. It's a daily struggle. BUt I know I'm not in this alone. I'm praying for all of you as you face your struggles with the devil as well. Please remember, God's way is the way and with him the best is yet to come.
CCTZ
about | feedback