Keeping The Sabbath Day Holy?

"And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." Genesis 2:2

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy." Exodus 20:8

I had never really thought of it before, but God blessed Saturday, and told us in the Ten Commandments to keep it a holy day.
A few places I've read believe that the early church started to attend church on Sunday after Christ resurrected on a Sunday "to show a symbolic acceptance of Christ as the Messiah" as stated in the link below.

http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdo ... orship.htm

Thoughts?
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
Yes. I believe that the Bible clearly tells us that the seventh day is the Sabbath.
I think taking a day of rest each week is important, not only for our spiritual growth, but also because it holds an important spiritual parallel. On such a day we regularly set aside our own work and rest from it. In the same way, we are called to lay aside our own "works of righteousness" and rest in the grace of God. When we rest in His grace it's not like we're kicking back our heels and saying, "Okay, God, do Your work!" Instead we are seeking Him, growing closer to Him, enjoying Him, serving Him, and striving to glorify Him while resting in His grace, trusting Him to accomplish His work in and through us. Similarly, when we take a day of rest we aren't literally sleeping all day but we go to church to seek Him, grow closer to Him, enjoy Him, serve Him by serving our fellow believers, and glorify Him.

Again, I think it's important to take a day of rest but I think the subject should be far from debatable, as Paul said in Romans 14:5, "One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind." I thinking Paul was addressing that because it's so easy to simply go through the motions each week "because the Bible says . . .!" instead of making it a matter of the heart. When it becomes a debated subject it becomes a matter of what's right and wrong, making us focus on our "works of righteousness" instead of the true purpose. Personally, I don't think it matters between Saturday or Sunday, but if you feel strongly about a certain day then I respect you for acting upon your beliefs. :yes:
"Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." Psalm 119:164
Here's my biggest issue with this- inconsistent human calendars. Is Sunday the first day of the week? Is Monday? Is Saturday? A lot of people disagree about that, for various reasons. So, who's to say Sunday isn't the seventh day? Or the fourth day? I think I feel inclined to agree with Sunshine on this, it's less important which day it is and more important that you're consistent.

Could you imagine how messed up it would be if someone woke up and said, 'Hmm, today feels like my God day. Cool, not going to work today."
Sabbath is Saturday. The day we keep as early was changed by the early church to Sunday to commemorate Jesus's Resurrection.
By what authority did the early church change it?

"For I am the Lord God, I do not change."
Who knows?
So in your opinion, is the seventh day still the day of worship?
CCTZ
about | feedback