Mark of the Beast

Revelation 13:11-18
Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

I'd like to know everyone's thoughts regarding the Mark of the Beast. What do you think it could be? If it is something such as a microchip or a barcode and a Christian gets one, will that person still go to Heaven?
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

I don't believe it is possible for a Christian to get one. Where would you get that idea?
My impression was that it was a mark for non believers. I'll have to look into it more however.
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
I'm not sure what you mean...are you saying you don't think a Christian will be able to get the mark?

IrishTiger wrote:He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

That sounds like the RFD chip that has to do with Obamacare. I'm not saying it's the mark but it might be. In such as case there is pressure to get the mark. It could come down to doing without health care or food or something. The fact is not everyone is strong enough to trust God to meet their needs. That does take a good amount of faith.

"If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." Revelation 14:9-11

That right there sounds like Hell to me.

Just my 2 cents.
What RFD chip are you talking about? There is no need to get an RFD chip in the Affordable Healthcare Act.
IrishTiger wrote:I'm not sure what you mean...are you saying you don't think a Christian will be able to get the mark?

Yes. I do not think Christians can ever be marked by Satan.
What makes you think they can?
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
I'd say no, but it depends on what the mark is and the circumstances surrounding it.

Sorry my response is so late. Can you go into a little more detail. What sort of circumstances do you envision?
One idea is that, assuming the mark of the beast is a microchip, sometime in the future people will be required to have a chip in order to do business, go to the doctors....basically anything. Revelation 13:17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast. In this situation, Christians will end up being required to have a microchip.

Yes, I see what you mean, however, the mark is needed to buy and sell things. Christians could refuse this mark and accept instead the sufferings of not being able to do business. It is written all over the Bible about the suffering that will be found in the last days.

I just went back and read Bren's post for the first time. Did you read it, Regit? If not, read the last part. I completely concur with what he is saying. That passage is speaking of hell. This hell is assigned to those who receive the mark.
Yes, that does sound like hell.

But, back to your first point, could Christians who don't know any better receive the mark? And what if someone becomes a Christian after they receive the mark? I know I'm just speculating here, but it is interesting to think about.

I don't think the first option you brought up is possible. I think all Christians will be aware of the meaning of this mark.
But your second option is truly something to think about...I'll get back to you on that.
CCTZ
about | feedback