Daily Bible Verse Discussion Thread

I thought we should have a discussion thread for our daily verse. So here is where you can discuss the bible verse. Please quote the verse you are commenting on.
“[Submission to Governing Authorities] Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.”
- Romans 13:1

Hmm. Good reminder. I think many times when we are disappointed in the people running our government we tend to forget that God has allowed them to be in office for a reason.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

“God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’”

What a great reminder. We can see God's work in all of nature, so many things beyond what we can understand. We had an awesome rainstorm last night, and it is so cool to think that God just spoke, and something as beautiful and awe-inspiring like a thundering storm can happen.
“[Doing Good to All] Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.” - Galatians 6:1

What a great command and warning contained in this verse. We need to be able to help our fellow siblings in Christ stay living for God, but we need to be careful that we aren't distracted by the same sin that our friend is dealing with.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

"Thine, O Lord is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all."
1 Chronicles 29:11

This is a beautiful verse. God owns everything, from the sky above to the breath in our lungs. The most amazing thing is, that He sees us as His children, and in the shadow of all His glory, victory, majesty, where we stand small and insignificant-He still loves us and would die all over again for us. Helps to remind us what a huge, powerful, and awesome God we serve.
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
“Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.”
- Ephesians 6:4

Both one of my favorite and least favorite verses. #Bitersweet

#yesIjusthashtaged
I know this is not the daily verse but can we consider this passage for a moment?
Job 3: "After this Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth...'May the day of my birth perish.... May it not be included among the days of the year nor be entered in any of the months.'"

What if Job's birthday was February 30? O_o
Job 37:14-16
"Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge?"
CCTZ
about | feedback