Our World

In Jonah 4:11a God said, "And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh...?” God was troubled about the evil city of Nineveh and went to great lengths to have His Word brought to it. In the same way, we should be concerned with the cities and countries in our world. While we may not be able to physical do something to help all the people around the world, we can certainly pray for them. I would like to provide a place where we can learn more about our world and how we can be praying for the different countries. Each week I will be posting a new country that we can pray for. I will include information about the country along with praises/prayer requests.

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

The needs may not be ours, but they are the needs of our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and the needs of fellow humans.

If you have a country you would like mentioned, send me a pm. I will be getting information from websites such as operationworld.org and persecution.com. Also, feel free to post any info or more prayer/praises requests if you know any.

----

Egypt

Population: +84,000,000

Religions: Muslim 86.7% of the population (+73,000,000), Christianity 12.8% (almost 11,000,000), Evangelicals 3.9% (+3,000,000)

59% of the peoples are unreached. Here is a link to a pdf containing a list of the groups who are unreached http://www.joshuaproject.net/assets/prayer-cards/en/prayercards-country-eg-en.pdf

Praise/Prayer:

Praise God as the distribution of the Bible has increased in the last 10 years and Christian literature is being widely distributed. Pray for the groups of people who still need the Scriptures translated into their language.

Tension between the Muslims and Christians has continued to increase and there is political unrest in Egypt. People are being killed in protests and riots. Church buildings are being burned and Christian business owners are being targeted. Pray for the violence in the streets to end and for peace between the Muslims and the Christians. Remember to pray for the persecuted Christians in Egypt.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

I am constantly in prayer for the Middle East in general and such countries especially Communist or Muslim. Remember Nigeria also as it is getting worse there.
Very true, Blitz. I'll do Nigeria next week.

---

Mexico

Population +110,600,000 (in 2010)

Religions: Christian 95% (+105,000,000), Non-religions 3.6% (3,900,000), Ethnoreligionist 1.2% (1,300,000), Buddhist, Jewish, Baha’i, and Muslim are, individually, <1%.

Praises:
The freedom for ministry is increasing. The government is becoming more accepting of ministry work as they realizes it can have a positive influence on the issues of gangs, drug trafficking and violence. The number of missionaries being sent out from Mexico is increasing. Training opportunities, mission agencies and events are also growing.

Prayer requests:
There are many social and economic problems in Mexico including 60% of the population dealing with poverty. There is corruption in the government and in the police forces. Drug trafficking is a huge problem in Mexico, along with gangs and organized crimes.
While most Mexicans are cultural Catholic, only 10% regularly attend church. Many Mexicans also believe in a blend of different religions, mixing Amerindian spiritualism with Catholicism.

This is a very good topic. It helps us to remember how these are real, lost people that have everyday lives and troubles. And also just how much they need God.
"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"

I will do my best at remembering these people in my everyday prayers. Thank you for sharing these, IT. :)
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
You're welcome, Shtakji. :) Thank you for sharing that verse. While we cannot physical help everyone, we can pray for them. We should be alert to not only what is going on today, but also for ways in which God leads us to serve the world.

------------

Nigeria

Population: +158,250,000 (in 2010)

Religions: Christian 51% (81,000,000), Muslim 45% (71,000,000), Ethnoreligionist 3.3% (5,000,000), Non-religious <1% (470,000), Other <1% (15,800).
Note: According to Operation World, figuring out accurate percentages of the religious groups is very difficult. Estimates for Muslims vary between 30% and 55%, and for Christians between 40% and 65%. Eight states in Nigeria appear to be overwhelmingly Muslin, 18 are Christian and ten are split around 50% of each. (This note was written a couple years ago, so the number of states that are predominantly one religion may have changed.)

Praises:
The Church has been growing in Nigeria. One example is the Redeemed Christian Church of God, which started in 1952 as a single congregation. It has grown to over 3 million affiliates worldwide, with a presence in over 1300 countries. It is the fastest-growing denomination in Nigeria.

Because of political stresses, Muslim persecution of Christians, and a desire for revival, the prayer movement in Nigeria is one of the world’s strongest. Some of the largest prayer meetings have been held in Nigeria (an estimated 3 million in Lagos).

Prayer requests:
Nigeria is a very, very corrupt country. It is often regarded as one of the world’s most corrupt societies. Email scams, international crime, embezzlement, and drug running are just some of the issues.

Shari’a law has been introduced in the northern Muslim states, which challenges the government and has led to human right abuses. Pray for the Christian ministries that are being affected by shari’a. Also, pray that the injustices of shari’a are exposed.

Persecution of Christians by Muslims is increasing. Specific articles on what is taking place can be found at http://www.persecution.org. (Note: many of the stories contain mature/graphic content.) Pray for the persecuted and that they may be able to forgiver their persecutors. Also, pray that the authorities step up and do more to help prevent the violence.

CCTZ
about | feedback