Pursuing Peace and Edification

"If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men." Romans 12:18

"So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another." Romans 14:19

On the old CC board, lots of different topics were coming up about different Biblical topics, asking for people's opinions. It almost seemed like, as we saw differences in each other's beliefs, it was just causing small, unnoticed barriers to go up. But as we switched to this board, only a few topics have come up about those smaller, "Romans 14" things.
But really, I just appreciate when people like Thor and IrishTiger share what God places on their hearts. If you have something to share, don't quench the Spirit, guys (1 Thessalonians 5:19). Just because I don't comment doesn't mean I don't read what you post. The Spirit moves and changes. When we recount God's wondrous deeds that we see in our own lives, and share even the smallest thing that He is teaching us... when we point each other towards God Himself, you never know how God will work. I pray that as we progress in building this board, we'll build each other up as the church of Jesus Christ as well.
I'm not saying it's always wrong to discuss things like modesty, and speaking in tongues. But maybe before we post, we should evaluate: Is this discussion going to encourage one another, and spur one another on to seeking God? Or is it going to make us feel awkward in talking about spiritual stuff around certain people? Is it going to help us love each other and Christ more? Or is it going to make us look down on those who believe slightly differently. Sometimes topics aren't good for group discussion, but should be discussed more as a one-on-one thing.
I'm also not saying that I don't like to discuss more opinionated subjects, but I do really appreciate it when we just share more about things that matter.
Thor, I always need so much to be reminded to just trust God. It's so easy for me to slip into the mindset of, "I must understand..." Thanks so much for saying that so bluntly.
Tiger, what you shared is so exciting to me, as God reveals to me new insights in His Word. Not only that, but He used what you said to teach me a very important lesson about holiness and surrender.

Please keep sharing guys, because the LORD is working!
"Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments." Psalm 119:164
Your welcome. *bows* That is the main reason why I started dropping out of debates.
Sunshine, you have no idea how your post warmed my heart and totally made my day. This board is truly blessed to have you here with your respectful and encouraging way of building up the Body of Christ.
Thank you so very much for posting this. You are quite correct and I am glad you decided to share this with us.
2 Corinthians 12:10

Your money your singleness marriage talent and time
They were loaned to you to show the world that Christ is Divine ~Lecrae

CCTZ
about | feedback